Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tomorrow is Today!!

It comes at you so fast, life I mean. Yesterday is already a memory and tomorrow is almost upon us. 2009 is a few days away and I can not believe the speed at which 2008 came and went. Life is a gift, a gift we are meant to cherish. Every day is an opportunity to make a good memory for yourself and others. I remember my son so clearly the day he was born, so full of life so wonderfully made. I was telling him yesterday how I could remember every year, and how much I cherished those memories and the ones we are making even today. Soon he will be grown and out on his own. I will hope he wants to spend time with me, but I will know that he will have others who are also depending upon his time. It's easy to let time slip away from those who God has entrusted us to build relationship with. My sons mother and I were divorced when he was only a year. I could have held on to resentment and he would have been lost in my life. I chose instead to learn to get along with the person I felt had wronged me and robbed me of being a true father to my son. Now I have a decent relationship with her and I get to see Gabe whenever I want! Resentments bad feelings and the like will rob us of our memories, we need to make every moment count. Forgive someone that has hurt you today, let it go and live life for the best not the worst. We have all been hurt, betrayed and used but so was Christ. The bible says that while we were still sinners Christ died for us. Wow, that's forgiveness that's perfect. I deserved allot of the things I have gotten over the years, brought them on myself. Christ did nothing but love, forgive and teach. Love and forgive today, you have a life to live, live it in love!

Good Song! Here's the words....


I came home from work And she was waiting at the door Had that bad day look in her eyes And I heard the sound of little feet across the hardwood floor And I knelt down with my arms open wide When I asked her what had happened She pointed to our son And said why don't you show your daddy What you've done Chorus: And I could see the writing on the wall Evidence of little hands Picasso with a purple crayon And I tried to act upset but I was smiling through it all Cause I could see the writing on the wall It was the first day of school Standing by the laundry door Wondering how third grade came so fast I took a ruler and a sharpie pen and I drew the line once more So amazed at how the time had passed With a backpack full of promise And wonder in her eyes I turned my head just so she wouldn't See me cry Chorus 2: Cause I could see the writing on the wall It seems no matter how I tried The pages of this life keep turning It's a roller coaster ride And even though I knew we had it all I could see the writing on the wall I got a cinematic memory playing pictures of the past adding to the story as we go Cause every day I'm learning that tomorrow comes too fast so I'm holding on the only way I know Chorus 3: I can see the writing on the wall It seems no matter how I try The pages of this life keep turning I can't stop the hands of time And even though I knew we had it all I can see the writing on the wall I can see the writing on the wall

1 comment:

daniel62kwlwu said...

how true let it go baby!
good word brother!
keep up the good work!