Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Praise Jesus!!

Last night I watched a football game that I had been waiting for. Texas vs. Ohio State. Ohio had been in the national championship game for the last two years and both time had been defeated rather soundly. Texas on the other hand had Heisman Trophy 2nd place finisher as QB and should have been in the championship game over Oklahoma who they beat earlier this season. Well the game did not disappoint, it went down to the last 16 seconds before Texas came from behind and scored the winning TD. As I was watching the game I was wondering who would God give favor to? Now I'm not saying that the Lord fixes football, but His purposes are ALWAYS manifested in EVERY circumstance. After the game was complete and the reporters started allowing the players to speak it became clear who had the favor. Colt McCoy blurted out "I want to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ". Others had been interviewed and even though they thanked God, it was in a very unobtrusive way. Thanking God without naming Him is giving a very generic term to the ultimate being in the universe. The bible makes it very clear that Jesus is Lord AND God. The way Colt glorified Christ I had not seen since Tim Tebows awesome 2007 Heisman acceptance speech.
God is looking right now to lift up those who will boldly glorify and exalt His name, The name Jesus Christ, The name EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO AND EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS. You want promotion? You want Gods favor? Then exalt the name of Christ. Buy a t-shirt that says Jesus is Lord and wear that sucker till it falls apart! If something great happens, shout "Praise Jesus"! Exalt God and He WILL honor you!! Now again I said I don't know if God fixes football games, but I wouldn't bet against those who shout in the name of Jesus!
Be Blessed!
Mitch

2 comments:

daniel62kwlwu said...

hhh good word
the glory goes to Jesus the only one worthy of praise
colossians 1:13-18
jesus's own words were/are
"if you deny Me (Jesus) b4 men
I (Jesus) will deny you b4 my Father
wow
when i search the word i many times that
those that dont glorfy Jesus
get snuffed out
over and over again i see this in God's dealing with the truth concerning Him that He is
THE ONE ONLY GOD
that is Father/Son/Holy Ghost
and that He gave us His son as a sacrifice for our sin
and Jesus didnt fail at all He completed the work
now lately ive been hearing many popular people that once swore alliegence to Jesus that wont even mention His name now (NOT GOOD)
because its popular to not and also tobash christians and mock God and His Son Jesus
well like i said b4
God deals with this attitude
and its not pleasent
i thank God for Jesus who died for my sins
very Good Word brother
Jesus gets the glory
for the truth story and for all thing created as it says in His word
its all His anyway
hhhhh
ddt
:)

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

Hi Mitch, did you get that football email I sent?

Also what is the address of your other blog, I want to add it as a link to mine?