Monday, December 1, 2008

Cowboy in Me

This song definitely defines my attitude. Man I don't know why sometimes I just feel like it's me against the world. The scary thing is...that's O.K. with me. The cowboy attitude doesn't mean you wear a hat and wranglers, it is just a way of thinking, feeling and acting. The cowboy in me is an independent spirit that has alienated me from groups and organizations that really just wanted to help. I have had some mind blowing opportunities but from fear of loosing my individuality have left them by the wayside. The life I live is the harder road. I'm constantly in a fight with the voice that says "relax, conform, settle down don't be such a hard ass all the time." I guess this is just who I am. Never really been that great with a team, more the loner type. I think I'm in good company though, a lot of people accused Christ of going against the norm and being independent. Now I'm no Christ! And I'm sure my rebellion has done me more harm than good, but I do pray that who I am is who God created me to be and that my cowboy spirit can be used for Gods best. Hell, this whole area west of the Mississippi was founded because of the cowboy attitude. I just want something more than the crumbs of the elite, I want to make my own way and do something great for God that is different that the stuff before. And if I never do the great things I hope, well at least I know I lived my life being me. Hey I know there are things I need to change, but I trust Christ to that, I'm just going Thank God that he got me to a place where I was broken enough to say "Yes Lord". The rest is up to Him.
Be Blessed, Be encouraged and never quit being you.
Mitch

1 comment:

daniel62kwlwu said...

theres a time for everything under the sun!