Saturday, November 29, 2008

Time in a bottle

Wow! This year has just flown by. I think as you progress in age the time seems to move faster and faster. I think at a certain age, we get more settled and routine takes over. We need to be careful, if we let everyday just be a slight variation on the one before it our lives can easily slip away. I have been attempting to learn new things, ways to interact with my wife, my son and those around me. The saying "Can't teach an old dog new tricks", must not apply to our lives. In order to grow we must be pushed, and many times we need to be the one doing the pushing. I have failed many times in many things. I think that much of that failure comes from not reaching a little deeper into myself and giving it one more shot. "Life is Short, Pray Hard", is one of my favorite motto's. The thing is God doesn't always answer our prayers in an easy way with no effort on our part. Our Father In Heaven loves to open doors of opportunity for us, then it's up to us to venture out, and with continued prayer and some trial and error we get to live, learn and grow.
My little puppy Bella, when she wants my attention doesn't just stand by and wait for me to pick her up, no, she barks! And barks, until I give her the attention she wants. We need to be after God with that same energy, desiring to change, asking for new opportunities that will glorify Him and bring purpose into our lives, Jesus said "From the days of John The Baptist until now the Kingdom of Heaven suffer Violence and the Violent take it by force". We must cry out for Gods PERFECT will in our lives. If we receive it, our lives will be full, our relationships will be vibrant and our futures incredible. Time is running out, it may feel like you have forever, but you don't. Love God, Love People and never surrender your time to a bottle.
Peace, Love and respect
Mitch

No comments: