Monday, November 24, 2008

I Think I'm Loved

I heard this song on Good Morning America today. What a simple and direct song about love. I love the way my little puppy Bella comes running to me as soon as she knows I'm anywhere near. It's funny how a little animal can make you feel special. Bella loves me because I love her. I have cultivated trust and friendship that comes from me actively pursuing her. And now I reap the reward. My beautiful Bella running to my arms when she knows I'm near. The Bible tells the story of a young man who walked away from that kind of love and acceptance, but after loosing all he had he wanted to come back. Even though he was afraid, he returned home, not to an angry or resentful father but to one who came running to greet him. That is how God is with us, waiting. If it's been awhile that you have spent time with God, don't worry He is ready to take you back, protect and Love you. Maybe that's why I have Bella in my life so I can know what it feels like, just a little, when God Comes running...
These are the lyrics to The Partridge Family's song, "I think I Love You". Enjoy!
Mitch
I'm sleeping And right in the middle of a good dreamlike all at once I wake up From something that keeps knocking at my brain Before I go insane I hold my pillow to my head And spring up in my bed Screaming out the words I dread: "I think I love you!" (I think I love you) This morning, I woke up with this feeling I didn't know how to deal with And so I just decided to myself I'd hide it to myself And never talk about it And didn't I go and shout it When you walked into my room."I think I love you!" (I think I love you) I think I love you So what am I so afraid of? I'm afraid that I'm not sure of A love there is no cure for I think I love you Isn't that what life is made of? Though it worries me to say I've never felt this way Believe me You really don't have to worry I only want to make you happy And if you say, hey, go away, I will But I think better still I ought to stay around and love you Do you think I have a case? Let me ask you to your face: Do you think you love me? I think I love you!

2 comments:

daniel62kwlwu said...

way cool song
keep up the good work of faith
mitch i love the way you reflect Gods love
thanks for being
my friend
and for accepting me just the way i am
peace out brother man
ddt
:)

g. Hodge said...

Love your blog. I get a good feeling when I read it.