Friday, November 28, 2008

Seeing your treasure

I woke up with this song playing in my head, I couldn't remember all the words so I looked it up. Man our God is awesome. He will get our attention anyway he needs to. Thank you Jesus!

REELIN' IN THE YEARS
Your everlasting summer You can see it fading fast So you grab a piece of something That you think is gonna last You wouldn't know a diamond If you held it in your hand The things you think are precious I can't understand

CHORUS: Are you reelin' in the years Stowin' away the time Are you gatherin' up the tears Have you had enough of mine.
You been tellin' me you're a genius Since you were seventeen In all the time I've known you I still don't know what you mean The weekend at the college Didn't turn out like you planned The things that pass for knowledge I can't understand
CHORUS -
I spend a lot of money And I spent a lot of time The trip we made in Hollywood Is etched upon my mind After all the things we've done and seen You find another man The things you think are useless I can't understand.
I am the dumbest person on planet earth. My wife is the hardest worker I know. We have built a decent little business here in the small town of Burley, Idaho and by her hard work and perseverance it has paid off. We're not rich, but we do O.K. The first verse of this song sums up my whole stupid attitude, my wife is a diamond, period. She puts up with my childish behavior, (babe can't I leave a little early so I can mountain bike?). Cleans the house does the laundry and makes sure our bills are paid on time. I think that by showing up each day and doing my part I should be looked upon as the great savior, BULL! Man I am making a commitment today to do more for my wife, who even when she has the right to be pissed off at me will apologize anyway! I clearly do not deserve her, and she certainly deserve someone a lot better than me. Ephesians 5:25 (The Message)
25-28Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ's love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. And that is how husbands ought to love their wives. They're really doing themselves a favor—since they're already "one" in marriage.

Man I have failed my God and my wife, please pray for me. I want to think less of me and more of her. I need to die to anything that does not help her to grow and blossom.
Today, if you have a loved one you might have taken for granted, repent and ask God to help you change. You never know, you might not have the chance tomorrow.
Blessings and Honor
Mitch

No comments: