Thursday, November 20, 2008

Faith, Hope, Love

But the greatest of these is Love. The Bible teaches that we can be men and women who believe and proclaim Jesus is Lord, but many are lacking the ingredient that fuels our faith, LOVE. What is love? The Bible tells us that we need to Love God and Love our neighbor as ourselves. If we do this then ALL THE LAWS RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE BIBLE are fulfilled! O.K. I got some work to do in my life, I need to Love God more by getting to know and Love Christ, I need to Love my neighbor as myself, now I have to work on that. My neighbor cut down my favorite tree that was barely (inches), more on his property than mine! I have to Love my neighbor who walks over to my garage at 6 am while me and my buds are lifting weights (and probably being a little loud), and gives me the kill look and storms off while I'm tying to ask him if I can help! Oh, and worse, Jesus said our neighbor is not just the guy next to us but the one down the street who has that dog who's always doing business in your yard! Jesus also said that your neighbor can be anyone near or far that you may or may not even know. I'm kinda a mean sucker sometimes, and I know that the company I keep is the person I'll be. If you or the people you surround yourself with are negative and self centered you are probably not going to learn much about real love. Jesus said it's easy to love those we are related to, anyone can do that, but only a few can love those we hardly know. Spending time with Christ is the only way to learn real Love. The kind of Love that is going to please God and change your soul. Jesus is the WAY The TRUTH and The LIFE! Give your burdens to Him, He will always be there, He will Never Leave you or Forsake you, even if you did throw a rock at your neighbors nosey dog and then smile so innocently when you ran in to them at the store!
God Bless, Have more Faith, have more Hope but above all, Love with all your heart!
Blessing,
Mitch

No comments: