Thursday, January 8, 2009

Where are the Hero's

Where have all the hero's gone? Are you a hero? What makes a hero? Well being a guy who grew up on comics, the hero was usually pretty easy to pick out. He was the do gooder, the one who stood up for the oppressed and weak, the picked on and the underprivileged. The hero knew to do right and he just did it, even if it meant taking a chance on personal injury. I know that there is allot of stuff going on in our lives right now. Bills, health, children, worries and more worries. So much of our time is spent focused on our issues and dilemmas that we hardly have time to try to be someones hero. I remember several years ago, I was living in Boise and had quit a very good job with coke. I really felt God was going to do something great in my life but at the time I felt like I had made the biggest mistake of my life. I was depressed and alone and I remember feeling like I should go down to the church I attended in Garden City, Community Christian Center. Even though I did not feel like being around anybody I went anyway. It was one of the best moves I ever made. Community Christian Center or CCC had a food bank and it was the night they served the public various groceries. I got out of myself and my own issues long enough to get to help load baskets, carry food and pray with those who were in need. Man I learned a great lesson that night, being a hero doesn't mean you have to get the bad guy. You just have to help the helpless the lonely the poor. Want to be a hero? Want to shine in the eyes of God? Be willing, be ready, and when the time comes, be a servant. I promise if you do these things, you will be somebodies hero.
Mitch

1 comment:

daniel62kwlwu said...

good word how true how true!