Thursday, January 15, 2009

Who loves ya baby!?!

Ever see the movie "A Knights Tale", with the late Heath Ledger? There is a scene that after he has been found out from faking his knighthood he is place in the racks. (ouch)! Even as he is being attacked with rotting food items thrown from the mob his friends step in to intercede. At that moment the king shows up, he says to the young impostor, "Your friends love you, if I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough". With that he is set free, officially knighted and wins the day! Last night I was watching American Idol (shut up I love that show)! Anyway there was a young man who came with a whole group of cheerleaders, two of whom did his introduction to the chagrin of Simon. Anyway the guy was O.K. but no Idol (and the judges let him know), but what was totally amazing is that instantly both the girls began weeping, no REALLY crying that the world did not love their friend the way they did. Man I admit it, I broke, tears fell from my face and I said to the guy (O.K. the T.V.), Man you got it! You have more than most of the Hollywood types will EVER have, you have love and you have real loyal friends. You have the best, the very, very best. We can hope for riches, fame whatever, but if you have loyalty in your life, people who would do anything for you, there is nothing better. Most of us could hope to have but one person in our life we could count on no matter what. This young man had a small army. The bible says that to have friends like that we must be a friend like that. Wow. Jesus wants to be a friend like that, if you"ll let Him he will be. Trust Him, talk to Him and ask Him to be your friend for eternity, He will. I don't have anyone crying over my problems here on earth, but I hope to be someone that will cry over yours.
I love you and hope to be a better friend this year.
Mitch

2 comments:

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

Good post! But American Idol? Really?? He who is rich in friends will never be poor.

daniel62kwlwu said...

yes you do have a friend that crys over your life brother
i know i do but its not me that im talking about its your mom
good word!
Jesus calls us FRIEND! praise Jesus glory to God upon high!
ddt
:)