Saturday, April 17, 2010

Men Of Honor -Love and honor of the wife

If you are married one of the biggest indications of your walk with God is how you relate, treat and communicate with your wife. A little while ago as I was speaking to a brother in the Lord in my office, his phone rang and as I listened to his tone and content I thought it must be his son. He was short and to the point and kept asking this person what they needed . I thought that it was a little harsh but maybe the kid had gotten himself in some hot water or something. As the conversation neared its end and my friend spoke the name of the party out loud I almost fell out of my chair. It was his wife!
Now the amazing this about this is his wife has recently began to serve the Lord, is currently doing the Fireproof study book and is trying to become all she can be for the Lord her husband and family.
When I asked him about his tone to her he said that resentments from the past make it almost impossible to be nice. A few minutes later the phone rang again and this time he answered with "hell0 sweetheart what do you need"? I thought wow my check must have really brought out his better side! Within a few minutes I realized that it wasn't his wife he was speaking to but his daughter! Wow , I said after they hung up, does your wife hear you speak to your daughter that way? I'll get in the rest of our conversation later as well as some great points for learning how to love and honor your wife, but for now let me ask you this, is your wife the most important relationship you have after the Lord? If not, chances are your relationship with the Lord probably has a way to go. More Later!

No comments: